CLICK HERE - Hydrochrome®
Our standard Hydrochrome is a silver nitrate based system and creates a bright, reflective surface onto almost any substrate. The chrome can be coloured using a candy tint or left as a bright white chrome effect using our special violet tinted topcoat (provided as standard in all kits and basecoat/ topcoat sets). The simpler and less expensive of our two silver nitrate style kits, Hydrochrome is suitable for interior use. The kit should not be used on any project requiring a hardwearing surface, as the coating will not have 100% inter-coat adhesion, but saying that as long as you apply a few more layers of topcoat a few of our clients have had good results for surfaces requiring a semi-hardwearing coating. This system will not pass a cross hatch adhesion test and so is not suitable for automotive use, but other than that it is still a tough coating!
Our mini kits come with all the silvering solutions, base coat and topcoat you need plus our famous red trigger sprayer unit - great for use on small items.
- Interior decorative pieces
- Model makers
- Mirror making
- Shop display
Not suitable for:
- Automotive use
- The way some of our clients get round this by applying extra coats of our Chrystel Clear product designed for our Hydrochrome Extreme product.
Extra equipment required:
- Full spray gun and compressor set up, with extractor fan
- Dual nozzle spray gun (for any item larger than a bike helmet)
- Drip tray
- De-ionised water (RO Water)