CLICK HERE - Hydrochrome®
Hydrochrome® standard version
Our standard Hydrochrome is a silver nitrate based system and creates a bright, reflective surface onto almost any substrate. The chrome can be coloured using a candy tint or left as a bright white chrome effect using our special violet tinted topcoat (provided as standard in all kits and basecoat/ topcoat sets). The simpler and less expensive of our two silver nitrate style kits, Hydrochrome is suitable for interior use. The kit should not be used on any project requiring a hardwearing surface, as the coating will not have 100% inter-coat adhesion, but saying that as long as you apply a few more layers of topcoat a few of our clients have had good results for surfaces requiring a semi-hardwearing coating. This system will not pass a cross hatch adhesion test and so is not suitable for automotive use.
Our mini kits come with all the silvering solutions, base coat and topcoat you need plus our famous red trigger sprayer unit - great for use on small items.
- Interior decorative pieces
- Model makers
- Mirror making
Not suitable for:
- Automotive use
- Items likely to get scratched or scuffed
- Exterior use
- The way some of our clients get round this by applying extra coats of our Chrystel Clear product designed for our Hydrochrome® Extreme product.
Extra equipment required:
- Full spray gun and compressor set up, with extractor fan
- Dual nozzle spray gun (for any item larger than a bike helmet)
- Drip tray
- De-ionised water (RO Water)